Led by author of "Essential Scrum" and CST Ken Rubin, this on-site course for Scrum Master certification is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of the ScrumMaster role. This class fulfills the requirements to become a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM). Because we do corporate training, this course can be customized to the specific needs of your business.
About the Scrum Master Certification Course
This is a two-day corporate training course that discusses the role and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster. It's an ideal course for ensuring that the people who are responsible for this critical role understand their responsibilities and the level of commitment necessary to achieve a successful outcome.
What You Will Learn in CSM Training
The CSM course includes the following topics:
- Review of the Scrum framework.
- Overview of the ScrumMaster role with a focus on role responsibilities.
- Characteristics of a good ScrumMaster.
- Day in the life of a ScrumMaster.
- ScrumMaster role with respect to other Scrum roles.
- The roles of product owner and development team and their relationship to the ScrumMaster.
- Technical debt and the ScrumMaster role.
- ScrumMaster responsibilities with sprints and sprint changes.
- ScrumMaster role during sprint planning.
- ScrumMaster role in helping ensure good development flow.
- ScrumMaster role at inspect-and-adapt activities (daily scrum, sprint review, and sprint retrospective).
- Defining done.
- Agile planning.
- Agile requirements / user stories.
- Product backlog item estimation (using Planning Poker).
Who Should Attend Scrum Master Certification
This CSM course is designed for anyone who is considering filling the ScrumMaster role. Such people often include project managers, QA, developers and team leads. Participants will be able to return to their jobs with a clear understanding of what they need to do to fulfill the ScrumMaster role on a Scrum project.